A timeline of efforts to replace Canada’s CF-18 fighter jets
By The Canadian Press, Jul 6 2016
- Air Force commander Lt.-Gen. Michael Hood tells a Commons committee Canada has enough fighter jets, and that a decision on a replacement can wait five years.
- Defence Minister Sajjan says the air force is facing a "capability gap," which he later explains as a shortage of fighter jets to meet its NATO and NORAD commitments.
- The Liberal government misses a payment to stay in the F-35 program.
- Postmedia reports the government is looking at scrapping the idea of an open competition in favour of a sole-source purchase of Boeing Super Hornets. The government says no decision has been made.
- Defence Minister Sajjan announces next round of consultations.
Do you like this post?
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with