Member’s Assistant – Green Party National and Constituency Offices (full time)
Elizabeth May, M.P. Saanich – Gulf Islands – Sidney, BC
- Manages and schedules all Constituency and British Columbia meetings and events for Member and Leader; prepares all event and meeting materials for Member (working with Constituency Coordinator); Ensures Member has up to date schedules and is aware of all bookings in advance.
- Assists Member with tasks as requested: reply to emails, following up on requests made by Member.
- Coordinates all travel and daily logistics for Member/Leader while in Constituency and in British Columbia.
- Travels with MP for meetings and events in Constituency and on Vancouver Island, within the Vancouver area and the rest of BC when necessary.
- Assists with correspondence from/to constituents and Riding interest groups as requested by the Member, Constituency Coordinator or Constituent Advocates.
- Coordinates correspondence both email and mail regarding local issues working with Constituency Coordinator, Constituent Advocate Team Leader and intern(s).
- Coordinates with Executive Assistant and Chief of Staff to promote public MP and Leader events, local Green Party of Canada membership and other stakeholders via local listings, communications (websites) and Green Party of Canada resources.
- Works with Constituency Coordinator for planning of town halls in riding (twice annually).
- Assists with phones and reception duties if needed when in office.
- Assists Member with requests as needed.
- May attend events on behalf of the Member.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to multitask.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Outlook.
- Confident driver. Class 5 licence required.
Application Deadline: Friday, January 20, 2017
If this opportunity appeals to you, please send your cover letter and resume by email to Elizabeth.May.C1A@parl.gc.ca. Write “Member’s Assistant” in the email subject line. Please outline in your cover letter what you are seeking, and what about this opportunity appeals to you.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click HERE to view as a PDF file and print this information