Because the smallest contributions matter most!
- Our Web Site promotes Green values, activities and events
- Our Twitter and Facebook presence amplifies Elizabeth's message
- Our Weekly Good Sunday Morning newsletter explores Green ideas
- Our community events encourage volunteer engagement in Canadian democracy
- Our social media support for community events and campaigns helps build a better world
- Our example inspires other Green EDAs across the country to thrive and elect more Green MPs
We believe that a per vote funding formula for political parties would be more equitable as it would allocate taxpayer support for political parties based on their ability to earn votes. But our current funding mechanisms under the elections act doesn't do that. Instead up to 75% of donations are refunded by the federal taxpayer through a non refundable tax credit on our income tax return. This gives the larger parties that can attract huge donations an edge and diverts your tax dollars into their pockets.
We also believe that big money should not rule politics. By donating to the party that shares your values you reduce the amount of taxes you pay and you also help to divert some of the tax dollars from large income earners towards our vision for a more sustainable world. Even a small monthly donation can make a huge impact. It is your example that will inspire others to contribute, and they in turn will inspire others.
If you can not contribute financially, you can always donate some of your time to help us spread the word and champion better policies.